All 82 art Reviews

Don't get outta shape Don't get outta shape

I'm guessing you still want to fuck Wilson. I don't know if this is an outfit in game or if he even has muscles but if Klei ever needed an artist for a sequel I wish they would base it off of your work.

VooDooDollMaster responds:

I doo still want to very much yes

Wendy and Wilson Wendy and Wilson

You are young and talented. I like that. The faded color palette matches well with the new character models you designed. It you just went a bit darker I still would have liked it but I don't think it would have been as good with the pink background and the white outlines.

Shading of hands Shading of hands

Well this is a surprise. They look really good, especially from someone who usually draws them so small in most of their works. Thumbs up.

Figure Collector Bio Figure Collector Bio

Too kawaii to live, too sugoi to die (I learned that phrase from a tattoo mod in Insurgency. It applies here too).

Eldritch Girl II Eldritch Girl II

The piece is reminiscent to Mike Mignola's (Hellboy, Baltimore) art style, especially with the alterations between heavy and light dark lines between the colored portions of the piece. Intricate details in the background such as the wood carving and the rough skin on the octopus really help the eldritch women stand out. Cool work.

Skaalk responds:

I do love me some Mignola. Thank you!

study study

You made a wicked look with this one compared to the original. Whatever brush you used you definitely made it your own especially with the background and folds in the dress. The only area that needs improvement is the back of the left hand. Instead of adding the minuscule spacing between the fingers you choose to hide it behind the cushion. This makes her left hand look like a foot instead.
This is still really good for what you consider a warm up.

SimonT responds:

Yeah I did not pay much attention to the left hand :D anyway I am glad you like it! :)

Guro Sherry Guro Sherry

The VHS fuzzy lines makes Sherry even scary than if you would have drawn her with a solid one. Using only shades of red and dressing her up in a lolita dress also add to the whole creep factor. I haven't played enough Resident Evil to know who Sherry is but I would shoot her on first sight. Great work.

VooDooDollMaster responds:

Sherry is just a little girl in RE2 who you protect. And then in re6 she becomes a government agent or some shit. My drawings of her, at least these lolita ones, dont actually really represent what shes actually like

GlassSpider GlassSpider

The backstory you wrote is wonderfully creative. The spider idea is creepy and conveyed symbiotically into the whole character (glassy spider eyes). It's definitely shocking to say the least. The only difference is that it does not look like an Overwatch character. It's more cartoon than videogame, and the only reason people will know its related to Overwatch is by reading the backstory. Overall this is not a problem because the whole concept is done in such a unique fashion. Awesome work!

ZeTrystan responds:

Well thanks a lot! I'm super happy you enjoy the general theme of the character! (I, for once, enjoy it as well!)

Haha, about the Overwatch "likeliness", it wasn't really a concern. With friend, we just imagined stuff, it wasn't made to look like it could fit the Overwatch game itself. ;)

A Flow of... A Flow of...

The hair looks amazing. I don't have the patience yet to draw that many lines.

"Level up" "Level up"

Just what I needed to see today before applying to college. Its always nice to see an artist redo their work from however long ago. I'm impressed that you were able to transform this much in just two years. Hope to see more of these types of illustrations if you still have them.

SimonT responds:

Thank you very much mate! Btw. About the older stuff send me a private message if you want I'll send you some older stuff after I'll get home!:)